Relationships: Twins love differently
A twin brother or sister is often more important for living twins than their partner. The psychological bond between twins has often been the focus of research. When twins lose a twin sister or a twin brother after birth or in adult life, they experience this as a terrible disaster. The grief for the other is often endless.
We have observed the same phenomenon in people who have lost a twin inside the womb. Relationships are often marked by the loss of a twin. One person in ten has had a twin and is often looking for a different kind of proximity and a different kind of togetherness with their partner than people who were conceived and born alone.
Examples, described in our book:
- If there is no other, he cannot be missed
- Some half twins look for deep proximity in relationships, they want to fuse
- Some half twins avoid deep proximity and relationships, they want to run away
- Everybody has distinct relationship needs
- At last I have found the right woman
- The desperate search for proximity
- When a separation does not succeed
- When only one partner desires the other
- Not with you and not without you
- Twelve years without a partner
- A love triangle